GREAT JAVA RAIL TOUR | 15D14N
This nostalgic excursion is one of many highlights of the Great Java Rail Tour, conducted each year since the 1980s by train buff and Indonesian enthusiast Kevin Pearce. It covers more than 1800 kilometresby rail through some of the most spectacular scenery you will ﬁnd anywhere in Asia.With a population of more than 140 million the fertile island of Java is the most densely populated island on earth and its extensive railway system is perfect way to soak up the scenery and savour an exotic land.Passengers on the Great Java Rail Tour are accommodated in two chartered air-conditioned carriages commissioned exclusively for the group. A 52-seat carriage furnished with comfortable reclining seats and boasting wide panoramic windows is attached to a special private lounge car where drinks and refreshments are provided and passengers can relax and soak up the ever-changing panorama.
- Gaze from the crater’s edge into the Tangkuban Perahu volcano.
- Eighth century Borobudur Buddhist Temple.
- Specially chartered mountain steam train excursion behind a113 year old locomotive.
- Stay in the splendour of the Tugu Park Hotel with its beautiful artworks and antiques.
- Watch as village school children perform in a traditional bamboo orchestra.
- Day 01 - JAKARTA
- Day 02 - JAKARTA SIGHTS
- Day 03 - MINI INDONESIA TOUR
- Day 04 - JAKARTA-BANDUNG
- Day 05 - CRATER EXCURSION
- Day 06 - BANDUNG-YOGYAKARTA
- Day 07 - BOROBUDUR TEMPLE & STEAM TRAIN EXCURSION
Day 8 - YOGYAKARTA AT YOUR LEISURE
- Day 09 - YOGYAKARTA - MALANG
Day 10 - MALANG SIGHTSEEING
- Day 11 - MALANG - SURABAYA
- Day 12 - SURABAYA SIGHTS (B,L,D)
- Day 13 - SURABAYA - JAKARTA
- Day 14 - JAKARTA AT LEISURE
- Day 15 - JAKARTA - OUT
5 NIGHTS JAKARTA
2 NIGHTS BANDUNG
3 NIGHTS YOGYAKARTA
2 NIGHTS MALANG
2 NIGHTS SURABAYA
Every night you will be fully accommodated in FIRST CLASS HOTELS including sumptuous breakfast each morning.
Most meals are included and some special feature meals with Indonesian culinary delights are all inclusive.
built-in side tours will show you how the local inhabitants live, work and practice their unique culture.
For more information and download brochures CLICK HERE